Emma Bernice's Blog

The Awesomest, Coolest, Inspiring Blog

Porcelain Sky

May4

Beads of sweat trickle down my neck and forehead. The constant racing of my heart crept up my throat and pounded in my ears. My mouth yearned for water as my lungs burned with chilling air. The question, ‘was I running from death, and is it chasing me?’ kept racing in my mind over and over. At this point there was no turning back. My muscles ached with the I’m-super-sick pain. It felt as if someone poured gasoline on my legs and ignited them.

But what was I running from?

I turned my head for a quick glance. A tall dark menacing shadow chased me. Instantly, I could feel the adrenaline pump through my veins. The boost of energy was a reprieve, almost. I had to of been yards away from him by now. “Just one more peek”, I told myself. The figure (which was a man) stopped in his tracks and stood there. An electric shock was sent up my spine and my stomach dropped twenty feet… I knew I was too late.

The sound of a gun firing pierced though the air while it echoed throughout my whole body. Then, the agonizing pain hit my gut and I fell to my knees. “Yep, I was done for it” I thought.

I never did pay much attention to my surrounding before, but it was amazing… I laid myself down into the soft emerald green grass that had early morning dew drops. The dew drops were like crystal clear diamonds in the night sky. But the sky! It was like someone spilled multiple buckets of paint on the sky! It seemed as if there was a million sunsets and sunrises in that sky. I tried to ignore the piercing pain, and just look up at the sky and drift off into sleep. The more I watched the sky my eyes started to flutter, as if the were gaining weight. My breaths started to shorten my lungs felt as if they were being constricted like snakes.

I opened my eyes for the last time to gaze at the porcelain sky and I felt a warm tear run down my face… Then my vision went black and there was nothing to be seen.

“Emma” a voice whispered. “Emma wake up” the voice commanded. “Emma it’s time to wake up! You’re going to be late to school!” The voice yelled impatiently… It was my mom! “YES I’M NOT DEAD!!!” I screamed with joy.

YES

by posted under Writer's Fun | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“Porcelain Sky”

1. May 6th, 2014 at 1:21 pm      Reply Mrs. Kriese Says:

“But the sky! It was like someone spilled multiple buckets of paint on the sky! It seemed as if there was a million sunsets and sunrises in that sky.”

Gorgeous description…such vivid detail and passion here.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

MY CUTEST PET EVER!!!!

May 2014
M T W T F S S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  

Class Blogs

Skip to toolbar