Emma Bernice's Blog

The Awesomest, Coolest, Inspiring Blog

Chinese Cinderella. The Story Of A True Unwanted Daughter

November9

I’ve read a biography about a Chinese unwanted daughter by: Adeline Yen Mah. As my eyes wandered through the first page I immediately got hooked in. Adeline was the fifth child in her family, her mother died while giving birth to her. So Adeline’s father and siblings called her ” unlucky, unwanted and a disgrace to the family.” After every chapter I would find myself having sorrow and grief for this little girl. But then I would be thankful to have a family who adores, loves, encourages and wants me.

After five years after Adeline’s mother’s death, Adeline’s father got married to a Eurasian beautiful fourteen year old girl… ( yeah I know its weird when a younger person marries an older person.) You might think this new addition to the family would love and adore Adeline… WRONG! In fact almost everyone in Adeline’s family abused her, or treated her cruel and unfairly. Niang the new addition especially hated Adeline, even though she never did anything wrong. Niang would screech and slap Adeline, basically when ever she could.

It is never… NEVER okay to abuse any human being. One its a sin against God. Just the thought of a human hurting another human makes me sick. But I understand how unfair, cruel, sick and messed up this world is today and back then. That’s why I’ve decided one of the children I have when I grow up will be adopted from China.

What is your opinion about being abused? Or what books have you been reading lately?

by posted under Book Thoughts | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

MY CUTEST PET EVER!!!!

November 2013
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  

Class Blogs

Skip to toolbar